These questions are super useful during times such as homework stress, school anxiety and friendship issues.
7 Questions to stay connection through stressful moments!
1. What is difficult for you?
2. How can I help?
3. If you had one wish to use right now, what would you wish for?
4.If you had unlimited powers, what one would you use now and what would you use it for?
5. I I did (insert solution) or (insert a different solution), which would work best for you?
6. How would you like to feel?
7. What can we do to get through this together?
These questions provide a variety of outcomes, such as helping your child identify what the problem is, creative thinking by encouraging problem solving solutions and helping them identify what they would like to feel instead which gives them a focus for moving forward. The questions also support your connection by helping your child feel heard and showing them that you empathise. Together they all help your child move through their emotional brain into their thinking brain, which is key to their overall emotional intelligence development.
Hey! I'm the founder, creator and voice of Ink and Scribbles. Sharing thoughts on child well-being and parenting that are based on my teaching and parenting experience, and NLP learning.