Challenge Negative Thinking PRINTABLE Programme - My Thoughts Team Activity Pack
A 14 session educational negative thinking printable resource pack that supports your child's development of self awareness and teaches them strategies for challenging negative thoughts.
Empowers you to deliver a set of activities at home that will help your child challenge and overcome automatic negative thoughts.
Negative Thinking, Positive Thinking, Anxiety, Emotional Intelligence
How will this workbook help my child?
This kit will empower you to teach your child about negative thinking. They will learn that thoughts aren't necessarily true, discover the CBT model to help them understand how thinking impacts emotions and how they can manage their thinking to find more helpful emotional states that nurture wellbeing.
With our unique thought character concept (also used in My Worry Workbook), your child will learn about their mind, helping them to understand that they have a lot of control over how they think and what they feel. 3 of the 7 characters represent the pre frontal cortex, the logical part of the brain. They will help your child learn to use this area of the brain to manage automatic, negative thinking. Each of these characters link to the strategy pages in the pack, making clear links to how these thinking techniques can be positive and useful.
This workbook is based in powerful CBT theory and provides a range of resources and activities that will help your child understand their cognitive distortions and know how to challenge them!
A fantastic resource pack that makes it easy for you to deliver an emotional education programme or low level intervention for your child at home.
This comprehensive programme contains a range of resources across 86 pages of PDF files that will help you support your child and teach them useful strategies to challenge negative thinking. This pack contains our unique Thought Character Concept that promotes emotional intelligence!
The contents are structured across 14 sessions that will:
- Teach your child to identify common cognitive distortions
- Challenge and reframe negative thinking
- Improve self esteem and confidence
- Increase self awarenessEach section is clearly separated through marker pages and each session includes a learning sheet that supports your delivery of the activities, followed by activity sheets and worksheets. There’s also a parent guide to help you effectively deliver the sessions and support your child's emotional development with confidence.
The Learning about my Thoughts Team Programme Overview:
- Comprehensive parent guide so you can confidently guide your child through the programme with ease.
Part 1: Let's think about thoughts.
- Child Information Sheets to help them learn about their mind
- Introduction to the Thoughts and Feelings cycle (CBT triangle)
- Thought character explanations to help children identify the unhelpful thinking behind their emotions
- A range of activity sheets that develop self awareness of how thoughts impact emotions and physicality
Part 2: Understanding Positive and Negative Thoughts
- How thoughts create Feelings
- The Emotion brain
- Unhelpful and Helpful Thoughts
- Learning more about Thoughts and Feelings
- Learning about Thought Distortions
- Stress Responses
- Finding Helpful Thoughts
Part 3: Techniques to calm the nervous system, allowing your child to tune into more helpful thoughts
- Understanding how calming techniques help us access logical thinking
- Calming STAR Poster (Stop, Take a Breath, Accept, Restart technique)
- Mind Island Mindfulness Activity
Part 4: Learning to challenge negative thinking using the prefrontal cortex, the logical part of the brain
- Accurate thinking (Fact or opinion)
- Gaining perspective
- Emotion Thermometer that helps your child make links between their thinking and the intensity of their emotion
- Size of Problem
- Action Planning to help overcome negative thinking by gaining control through actions
- Positive Thinking and Self Compassion
- Reframing negative thoughts
- Circle of Control
- Reframing negative thoughts
- Recycling Negative thoughts
- Feeling confident and improving self esteem
- Mind movies
- Feeling confident and capable
- Moving out of the comfort zone
- Using the Thoughts Team
- Thought Character Prompt cards to help your child identify helpful, empowered thinking
- Posters to support the thought character concept
- Identifying Thoughts Charts
- Certificate of completion
What age range does this workbook suit?
The kit is ideal for children aged approx 6 to 12 years of age.
A4 and US Letter PDFs
All files contained in a ZIP file.
Printing Guide included.
©Ink and Scribbles 2021, Updated in 2023
Personal Use Only (up to 6 children).
Not for sharing, forwarding, reproduction or reselling.
The characters in this pack are the Intellectual Property of Ink and Scribbles LTD.
This is a digital product that you can print at home. Please note that screen and print colours can vary.
After purchase completes you will have immediate access to your file through the confirmation page or your email confirmation.
This resource is a supportive resource only and does not replace the advice of a medical professional. If you have any specific questions about any medical matter you should consult your doctor or other professional healthcare provider.