Managing Big Emotions and Finding Calm Resource Kit PRINTABLE
Do you have child who is struggling with big emotions? Do you want to teach your child emotional intelligence skills, such as recognising when they are overwhelmed and how to deal with their emotions?
Our 'Managing Big Emotions and Finding Calm' printable is a fabulous teaching resource for parents wanting to emotion coach their children.
Emotional Intelligence, Emotional Awareness, Self Regulation.
Suitable for big, uncomfortable emotions including anger and anxiety.
What is the Managing Big Feelings and Finding Calm Printable?
It's a set of CBT based resources that help you and your child to work through their emotions, developing self awareness and discovering calming strategies. Under the sea graphics are used to use the analogy of waves and anchors to learn about emotions and regulation whilst also creating a sense of calm.
This pack helps children understand how regulation is important and begins to develops the self awareness that benefits wellbeing now as well as long term emotional health. Laying the foundations of emotional intelligence at a young age can also help you feel less anxious about your child's future mental health.
How will this printable help my child?
With over 40 pages, this PDF file uses NLP/CBT based values to support your child through challenging emotions. As a downloadable and printable item you can work through multiple issues and difficulties as the file is yours to keep and print as many times as you need. It develops self awareness, emotional literacy and regulation skills.
It guides children to think about challenging emotions as a temporary state, and one they can stay in control of, responding in a manner they choose. There are several approaches to understanding and dealing with big emotions in the pack. It also teaches children how to recognise when they are 'too busy' and over stimulated and encourages them to find 'unbusy' activities to relax.
The aims of the Managing Big Feelings pack are to help your child:
- identify overwhelm
- identify big feelings and triggers
- learn how thoughts impact feelings and behaviours
- use accurate thinking to overcome anxiety, frustration etc
- learn about mindfulness and calming techniques and identify those that suit them.
- Parent and Child Guide Page
- My Feelings Wave (approaching changing emotions as a wave that we travel up and down).
- Re-thinking my Thinking (reframing thinking)
- My Emotion Wave (exploring the ripple effect of emotions inc what causes a certain emotion, how we respond to that emotion and things that we could choose to do instead).
- My Emotions Journey (approaching changing emotions as a circle, where we can return to calm under our own direction).
- Mindfulness for Calm Sea - explanations and Mindfulness techniques cards
- Identifying overwhelm and stress
- The Stress Bucket
- Emotion Anchors
- Circle of Control alternative (using the idea of anchors)
- What Emotion Zone are you in? (scaling feelings using underwater concept)
- Under the Sea themed Feelings Poster and Coping Skills Poster
What age range does this printable suit?
It's ideal for children 6 - 12 year olds.
We suggest children use this resource with a supportive adult, particularly for younger children.
©Ink and Scribbles 2021
Updated in 2023
This is a DIGITAL item. No physical product will be sent.
A4 and US Letter files included.
After purchasing, you will receive instant access to your files. Your email will contain a link.
You may print unlimited times for personal use. Please do not share, forward or resell.
We recommend setting your printer setting to high quality an also using high quality paper.
This resources is a supportive resource only and does not replace the advice of a medical professional. If you have any specific questions about any medical matter you should consult your doctor or other professional healthcare provider.