My REALLY angry book - An Anger Activity Workbook
Anger is something we all feel, but one that is challenging and can easily overwhelm children and their parents.
This A5 workbook encourages children to learn about anger, it's triggers and how to manage it. It encourages you and your child to communicate and supports you to nurture your child's emotional development with educational and informative activities. Identifying feelings and writing or drawing about them, can help children process and manage their big feelings.
What is My REALLY ANGRY Book?
My REALLY angry book is a workbook for older children and teenagers, helping them to understand and work through anger. It's designed to help you connect with your child and have conversations to support their challenging feelings and work through triggers and regulation techniques.
Self regulation, Self Awareness
What's inside the book?
This workbook contains several sections including activities, journal space and mood tracking and free space for emotional expression.
Activities related to anger including:
- describing anger
- identifying physical responses to anger
- identifying anger triggers
- learn how thoughts impact feelings through basic CBT values
- discovering which feelings lead to anger
- identifying appropriate angry 'actions'
- turning negative thoughts associated with anger into positive ones
- writing anger action plans
- anger iceberg
- anger scale
- learning about brain chemistry and how we can use this knowledge to find calm
After the activities, the workbook contains:
- Journal space. 2 weeks of structured space to journal about anger, reflect and promote personal growth.
- Free space. The last section of the book is for children to express their anger through writing, drawing or doodling, proven techniques that support emotional wellbeing. The book encourages children to use the space as a calming technique to prevent angry outbursts or as a reflective space of their own.
What age range does this workbook suit?
It's suitable for children of approx 7-16 years olds.
- 120gsm uncoated quality internal paper
- 300gsm silk card covers
- A5 in size.
- 122 pages
This is a supportive resource only and does not replace the advice of a medical professional. You should always seek advice from your GP or mental health provider if you have concerns about your child's mental health or behaviour.