Back to School PRINTABLE Activity Pack
A printable Back to School transition activity pack, supporting children with back to school worries.
What is the Back to School Transition Pack?
This printable resource pack contains a set of activity sheets and parent guidance to support children with back to school anxiety or worry. The new school year is a time of change which can be difficult for many children. Our resource, written by an experienced primary school teacher and trained emotion coach, empowers parents to support children through this transition and build confidence.
How will this printable kit help my child?
This 36 page pack contains activities, guidance and resources that will help your child return to school after summer break with confidence. It contains activities on worries, confidence and friendship so you can support social skills and resilience. Addressing these areas will help reduce your child's back to school anxieties.
The contents include:
- Parent Guide, including parent strategies
- Back to School Thoughts, helping your child explore their thinking around returning to school
- Back to School Worries, several sheets helping your child identify worries they may have and support to reframe them
- Coping Strategies, helping you have a conversation with your child about how they can manage their big feelings during the return to school period
- Confidence building Activity, helping your child focus in on themselves and their own school experience
- Friendship, a worksheet that supports conversations around how to reconnect with friend or make new friends with ease.
- Communication Slips, a variety of print and cut out slips that will help your child communicate their worries or issues with their teacher
- Communication Notice boards, a message board to communicate important information about personality, learning styles and needs
- A set of 6 cut out mini reminder cards that promote confidence and self belief.
- After School Check in Sheet, supports calm and communication after school. Reduces after school emotion collapse.
What age range does the kit suit?
The kit is ideal for children aged approx 5 to 11 years of age.
US Letter Size PDF
Printing Guide included.
We recommend setting your printer setting to high quality and also using high quality paper.
The PDF file has been created in A4 and US Letter size formats.
US Letter format contains American English spellings.
© Ink and Scribbles 2022
For Personal Use Only.
This resources is a supportive, educational resource only and does not replace the advice of a medical professional. If you have any specific questions about any medical matter you should consult your doctor or other professional healthcare provider.