My Little Book of Worries
An Anxiety Activity Book for kids to support worries with the help of a Worry Owl!
Worries are normal. Many children mention they have worries and a little explanation and guidance on how to deal with them can really help them when worries start to impact everyday life.
What is My Little Book of Worries?
My Little Book of Worries is perfect for inspiring conversations about what anxiety and worry is. It helps children understand why they worry, to recognise the signs of worrying and will guide parent and child to find ways they can manage their worries.
How will this workbook help my child?
This workbook will help your child develop a deeper understanding of anxiety. The book features two characters (Roaring Dinosaur and Wise Owl) who help children understand what is happening in the brain when they are worrying or reacting to a worry. It also teaches anxiety management techniques they can use and provides them with space to think through solutions, encouraging them to engage their rational thinking brain.
What age range is this workbook suitable for?
It's a great support for children aged 6 - 11 years.
- Quality FSC 300gsm silk covers
- 120gsm FSC internal paper
- Printed in the UK
- A5 Size
LEARNING ABOUT WORRIES
- recognising how our body feels when we worry, so children can identify a need for support sooner
- identifying calming techniques
- worry busting questions to help keep worries in perspective and under control
- preparing for worries by planning responses to small, medium and big worries
- my worry bubble, teaching children a visualisation technique
- learning how making a plan to deal with a worry, can make it feel smaller and under control
- learning coping strategies
DEALING WITH WORRIES
- encouragement to tune in to the 'thinking side of the brain' for specific worries (15 pages of What does my Wise Owl Say?)
- worry action plans ( 15 pages of My worry Action Plan to deal with specific worries)
MY WORRY PAGES
- 'My Worry Pages' for using new skills independently! A section with a smaller amount of structure per page to journal worries and actions. Aimed to empower your child by supporting them to use their new knowledge!
My Little Book of Worries is for general use and guidance only. It does not in anyway replace the advice and help of a medical professional or therapist. It has not been created for children with severe anxiety, or those that require therapy. Please, always see your medical provider if you have concerns about your child's mental health.