Dealing with Big Emotions and Finding My Calm Activity Kit PRINTABLE
Do you have child who is struggling with big emotions? Do you want to teach your child emotional intelligence skills, such as recognising when they are overwhelmed and how to deal with their emotions?
Our 'Dealing with Big Emotions and Finding My Calm' printable bundle is a fabulous teaching resources for parents or educators wanting to emotion coach their children.
Emotional Intelligence, Emotional Awareness, Self Regulation.
What is the Dealing with Big Feelings and Finding Calm Printable?
It's a set of resources that help you and your child to work through their emotions and develop self awareness and calming strategies. Under the sea graphics are used to help create a sense of calm.
How will this printable help my child?
Understanding emotions, and our responses to them, is central to developing emotional intelligence which is a key factor in personal success.
This 26 page PDF file uses NLP/CBT based values to support your child through challenging emotions. As a downloadable and printable item you can work through multiple issues and difficulties as the file is yours to keep and print as many times as you need.
It guides children to think about challenging emotions as a temporary state, and one they can stay in control of, responding in a manner they choose. There are several approaches to understanding and dealing with big emotions in the bundle. It also teaches children how to recognise when they are 'too busy' and over stimulated and encourages them to find 'unbusy' activities to relax.
What's inside this download?
A range of worksheets that help your child:
- Identify overwhelm
- identify big feelings and triggers
- Learn how thoughts impact feelings and behaviours
- Using positive thinking to overcome anxiety, frustration etc
- Learn about mindfulness and calming techniques and identify those that suit them.
What age range does this printable suit?
It's ideal for children 5- 11 year olds.
We suggest children use this resource with a supportive adult, particularly for younger children.
©Ink and Scribbles 2020.
This is a DIGITAL item. No physical product will be sent.
After purchasing, you will receive instant access to your files. Your email will contain a link.
You may print unlimited times for personal use. Please do not share, forward or resell.
We recommend setting your printer setting to high quality an also using high quality paper.
The PDF file has been created in A4.
This resources is a supportive resource only and does not replace the advice of a medical professional. If you have any specific questions about any medical matter you should consult your doctor or other professional healthcare provider.
- Introduction Pages
- My Feelings Tower (approaching changing emotions as a tower that we travel up and down, and focusing on the triggers that determine which way we travel).
- Re-thinking my Thinking ( positive thinking)
- My Emotion Wave (exploring the ripple effect of emotions inc what causes a certain emotion, how we respond to that emotion and things that we could choose to do instead).
- My Emotions Journey (approaching changing emotions as a circle, where we can return to calm under our own direction).
- Mindfulness techniques card
- My Unbusy Poster
Suitable for ages approx 5 years +.
Both A4 and US letter sized files are included in your downloads.