Challenge Negative Thinking PRINTABLE - My Thoughts Team Activity Pack
A HUGE educational negative thinking printable resource pack that supports your child's development of self awareness and teaches them strategies for challenging negative thoughts.
Negative Thinking, Positive Thinking, Anxiety, Emotional Intelligence
INSTANT DOWNLOAD A4 PDF Format
(Easily reformatted by home printer settings for US Letter Size).
How will this workbook help my child?
This kit will help you teach your child about negative thinking. They will learn that thoughts aren't necessarily true, discover the CBT model to help them understand how their thinking impacts their emotions and how they can manage their thinking to find more helpful emotional states that nurture wellbeing.
With our unique thought character concept (also used in My Worry Workbook), your child will learn about their mind, empowering them to understand that they have a lot of control over how they think and what they feel. 3 of the 7 characters represent the pre frontal cortex, the logical part of the brain. They will help your child learn to use this area of the brain to manage automatic, negative thinking. Each of these characters link to the strategy pages in the pack, making clear links to how these thinking techniques can be positive and useful.
This workbook is based in powerful CBT theory and provides a range of resources and activities that will help your child understand their cognitive distortions and know how to challenge them!
What is included in this download?
This valuable kit contains a range of resources across 62 pages of PDF files that will help you support your child and teach them useful strategies to challenge negative thinking. This kit contains our unique Thought Character Concept that promotes emotional intelligence!
The contents include 3 Sections, and parent guide and resources to support your child's emotional learning:
COMPREHENSIVE PARENT GUIDE
PART 1: Let's think about Thoughts
- Child Information Sheets to help them learn about their mind and where thoughts come from
- Thought character explanations to help children identify the unhelpful thinking behind their emotions
- A range of activity sheets that develop self awareness of how thoughts impact emotions and physicality
PART 2: Techniques to calm the nervous system allowing your child to tune into more helpful thoughts
- Calming STAR Poster (Stop, Take a Breath, Accept, Restart technique)
- Mind Island Activity
PART 3: Learning to challenge negative thinking using the pre frontal cortex, the logical part of the brain
- Emotion Thermometer that helps your child make links between their thinking and the intensity of their emotion
- A range of activity sheets to learn proven CBT strategies that challenge negative thinking
- Reusable resource sheets, such as Using my Whole Thought Team Sheet
- Control of Circle Worksheet
- Action Plan Sheet to help overcome negative thinking by gaining control through actions
- Thought Remote Control Activity, a fun way to teach your child to pause the narrative their automatic thinking is producing
- Recycling Thoughts Sheet, teaching children to find a growth mindset
- Negative Thought Zapping Questions, teach your child powerful questions that challenge automatic, negative thoughts to gain a more helpful perspective.
- Thought Character Prompt cards to help your child identify helpful, empowered thinking
- Posters to support the thought character concept
- Identifying Thoughts Charts
What age range does this workbook suit?
The kit is ideal for children aged approx 6 to 12 years of age.
All files contained in a ZIP file.
Printing Guide included.
©Ink and Scribbles 2021
This is a digital product that you can print at home. Please note that screen and print colours can vary.
RECEIVING YOUR FILES:
After purchase completes you will have immediate access to your file through the confirmation page or your email confirmation.
Personal Use Only. Not for sharing, forwarding or resell.
*We recommend setting your printer setting to high quality and also using high quality paper or card stock.
This resource is a supportive resource only and does not replace the advice of a medical professional. If you have any specific questions about any medical matter you should consult your doctor or other professional healthcare provider.